Reporting to the Head Baseball Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with practices, game management, recruiting efforts, etc.
Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Assist with on and off-campus student athlete recruitment/scouting efforts.
- Assist with conducting drills for each practice session; instruct athletes in ways to strengthen their baseball playing/teamwork skills.
- Develop structured conditioning programs for the athletes to increase agility, mental prowess, strength and endurance; consult with athletic trainers and team doctors.
- Attend and/or participate in professional baseball clinics and other athletic development seminars.
- Attend coaching conferences to stay informed about NCAA schedules, rules, eligibility requirements, policies, etc.
-Assisting in special projects and/or activities.
- Providing counseling/support services to student athletes.
- Serve on university committees and/or task forces as assigned.
- Provide assistance to the Athletic Director in program/departmental planning activities.