Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University is currently seeking an Athletics Communications Director. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this role provides support to all Widener University athletic programs through multiple media outlets including but not limited to social media, print, video and other avenues to report on and promote Widener University athletics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
· Writing and editing press releases and game stories
· Student-athlete regional and national award nominations
· Producing athletic publications, including game programs and media guides
· Managing press boxes at home football and basketball events
· Oversight and production of live-streamed home events and department initiatives
· Maintaining the Widener University athletics website and social media sites
· Compiling and distribution of statistics
· Responsible for supervision of a Sports Information Graduate Assistant position
· Training of student workers
· Other duties as assigned by the or Director of Athletics in accordance with the Department of Athletics, University, Middle Atlantic Conference, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
· Bachelor's degree in related field
· Demonstrated experience in athletic communications with a portfolio of work
· Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro, and Spark
· Ability to use multiple stat platforms, specifically NCAA Live Stats and PrestoStat.
· Experience in live video streaming production
· Strong background in creating, maintaining and managing athletics’ (or other profession) presence on social media
· A writing sample or portfolio review will be required as a requirement for this position.
· Valid driver’s license with evidence of insurability
· Master’s degree in communications or related field
· Supervisory experience in an athletic environment
· Three years’ experience in an athletic communications office
· Experience with a collegiate football program
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
· Some lifting and movement of media equipment for contest set-up and use.
· Periodic unusual hours related to evening contests and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Widener University
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.