This position is based in Richmond, VA. The Account/Event Manager is responsible for all aspects of RMC Events operation within their assigned client portfolio. This includes advance planning, organizing logistics, details and management of the execution of the company’s required duties. Further, the Account/Event Manager is charged with developing long-term, positive relationships with their assigned clients as well as actively seeking to develop new business opportunities within those client relationships.
The Account/Event Manager is expected to display excellence in both client service and internal personnel management. This must be built upon strong leadership skills with regard to managing people of varied backgrounds and/or skill sets. They must utilize solid judgment and decision-making skills at all times, including during emergency situations.
In addition to the direct responsibilities of this position as mentioned above and outlined below, Account/Event Managers are expected to support other departments and areas of the organization when called upon, including in the areas of: communication, recruitment, interviewing/hiring, training, scheduling, and other operational/logistical areas. Flexibility with regard to the work schedule is required as the “typical” work calendar does not apply to this position. Work outside of the normal weekday hours is regularly required of the Account/Event Manager as events are typically held on weeknights and weekends. Travel from the Richmond, Virginia region to other regional events (Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Tidewater, SW Virginia, etc.) will be required at times.
• Serve as the lead point of contact for assigned client portfolio, working to meet/exceed their needs and expectations & developing positive, long-term relationships to include potential business development
• Ensure and execute proper planning in advance of all events in portfolio including staffing, mapping, deployment, timelines, briefing documents, advance information sharing, and any operational/equipment needs
• Provide excellent and thorough communication to part time staff scheduled for events within scope of responsibilities including times, directions, travel details, attire, and expectations. Timely responses to all staff inquiries via phone, email or otherwise is expected
• Complete pre and post-event financial snap-shots (“Estimates / Flashes”) for both internal requests within the organization as well as when required by the client
• Manage event day operation as lead representative for RMC Events on-site ensuring complete delivery of service to the guest, the client, as well as part time staff members
• Monitor & correct staff performance and/or adherence to company policy & training while working on- site. Significant or repetitive deficiencies should be reported to HR Dept. for follow-up/action
• Continually monitor, be aware of, and mitigate risk factors to both RMC Events as well as to staff members. This includes potential workplace hazards and/or employee safety awareness
• Prepare & communicate any required post action reports, including attending client post-action meetings
• Be cognizant of event budgetary factors and work to ensure that client staffing expectations are met while working within RMC Events expected cost function expectations and restraints. Utilize direct supervisor and/or other department resources to assist in meeting this requirement when necessary
• Assist HR Department when called upon including in the areas of: communication, recruitment, interviewing/hiring, and/or training
• Assist Event Operations Departments in ALL regions with regard to scheduling of out of market support, and possible on-site event management support when necessary
• Assist Operations and Logistics Department with regard to providing ample notice of equipment and other operational/logistical needs, the care of use and return of all company equipment/property, and the hands-on deployment of company equipment and resources at events within area of responsibility
• Continually seek and identify possible candidates for supervisory positions
• Identify and submit potential training topics that have presented at recent event activity
• Participate in professional development activities including both in-house, online, and/or out of office training seminars when required
• Actively encourage and support company communication efforts by providing both material (photos, etc.) and ideas for possible company communication and/or social media planning
• Ensure ALL incidents (guest, client, and/or staff related) occurring within area of responsibility are reported completely and in timely fashion, providing additional details and/or information upon request
• Participate in organizational development activities when required including: potential business development site visits, internal/external meetings, and/or essential business related functions as needed
Bachelors and/or Masters degree from accredited four-year college or university is preferred
Industry experience, including the proven ability to successfully manage personnel, is preferred
Ability to work both indoors and outdoors and often irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and/or holidays is required. This includes in all weather environments
Ability to effectively and efficiently navigate throughout entertainment/sporting facilities and walk/stand for long periods of time is required. This includes the ability to stand, walk, talk, hear, climb stairs, and effectively utilize hands in the performance of the job and critical guest/staff safety duties
Ability to lift and/or move items up to 100 pounds is preferred
Strong ability to receive and hold confidential information in the strictest of confidence is required
Strong computer skills are preferred. A high level of Microsoft Office skills are required
Excellent interpersonal, organization, and customer service skills are required
Effective problem solving and team environment focus is required
Experience in handling difficult guest concerns and/or confrontational situations is preferred
A high level of attention to detail and ability to pre-plan is required
Residence in Charlottesville region and/or the surrounding area OR willingness to relocate to Charlottesville, Virginia region and/or the surrounding area
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities
The successful candidate will pass a background check. Please attach resume with optional cover letter **Please note that ALL documents must be uploaded in the Resume box.** For information about the application process or position, please contact Emma Ball; eball@RMCEvents.com.
About RMC Events, Inc.
RMC Events was founded in 1999 and incorporated in 2000. While headquartered in Central Virginia, RMC Events operates regional offices across the Commonwealth of Virginia. RMC Events maintains an active security services license (11-3291) as well as a training academy license (88-1317) with the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services.
Since its inception, RMC Events has been providing event staffing services to our growing list of clients and event venues. With a keen eye on high levels of service and attention to detail, RMC Events has grown steadily and currently provides services for more than ten thousand events annually. Through careful and consistent hiring, thoughtful and in-depth training, and a constant commitment to excellence in execution, our organization and our staff members have enjoyed success. Our past, present, and future all continue to be rooted in our people.
Our mission is three-fold:
• First, we endeavor to be a the very best employer we can be to the members of our RMC Family. This non-negotiable is a strong piece of our foundation. We recognize its importance to our continued success.
• Second, we are dedicated to providing efficient, e...ffective, and valuable levels of service to our clients. Our clients consider us to be experts and professionals within our field and we task ourselves each and every day to exceed their expectations.
• Third, in recognition of our wide array of ‘customers’, we strive to provide superior levels of service in each and every interaction we have. Whether it be a venue/facility guest, a member of the community, or otherwise, our laser focus is upon providing that person with the highest levels of assistance we can within the scope of our task, duties, and ability