Coaching, Coaching - Cross Country, Coaching - Track & Field
4 Year Degree
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, assists in coaching, administrative, and recruiting duties for Biola University Cross Country and Track and Field Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of Biola University and the Biola Athletics Department.
2. Assist head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition using sound principles and judgment consistent with the philosophy of the Head Coach and Biola Athletics. Primary focus will be coaching high jump and horizontal jumps.
3. Possess the ability to administer workouts and oversee workout groups during practice sessions.
4. Assist and lead with supervising of strength and conditioning workouts; provide technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
5. Participate in various fundraising, marketing, and promotion activities if assigned by the Head Coach.
6. Assist in coaching at meets throughout the season as assigned by the Head Coach.
7. Assist in recruiting and following up with qualified student-athletes by phone, e-mail, or through on-campus visits. Within the framework of Biola and NCAA Division II policies, recruit prospective student-athletes who are of the level necessary to be successful academically and athletically.
8. Help in spiritual growth of student-athletes; ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
9. Have a valid California Class C license and be physically able to drive cars and vans as needed and assigned by the Head Coach.
10. Adhere to all institutional, PacWest, and NCAA Division II by-laws and regulations.
11. Effectively manage time in a demanding work environment.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
3. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
4. Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
5. Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
6. Organizing and coordinating skills.
7. Knowledge of strength and conditioning programs and routines.
8. Skills in the use of first aid and CPR procedures.
9. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
10. Ability to help effectively arrange and manage home contests according to conference and NCAA requirements.
Hours Per Week: 25-30
Months Per Year: 12
Experience Required: 3-4 years successful coaching at high school or collegiate level and/or experience competing at collegiate level; Experience coaching the horizontal jumps and high jump
Experience Preferred: 1-2 years coaching jumps at the collegiate level
Additional Salary Information: ACA Health Benefits Available
Internal Number: req1653
About Biola University
Biola University is a private Christian university located in Southern California. For over 100 years, Biola — a community where all faculty, staff and students are professing Christians — has been committed to biblically centered education, intentional spiritual development and vocational preparation.
With more than 145 academic programs through its six schools, Biola offers degrees ranging from B.A. to Ph.D.