James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for a Head Football Equipment Room Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the purchase, storage, laundering, inventory and distribution of apparel and equipment to student-athletes and coaches. This includes, but is not limited to providing an efficient and well-organized system for issuing apparel and equipment for the football team, ensuring appropriate documentation, records, and inventory are maintained according to industry standards. This position is full-time and includes benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the management of cleaning and collection of athletic apparel and equipment for the football team.
- Ensure the distribution of practice and game apparel, making sure the equipment is cleaned and returned to coaches and student-athletes with attention to adequate stain removal and equipment repair.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory systems, store inventory properly, and dispose of outdated inventory according to compliance standards. Follow unusable apparel procedures for surplus and discard. Work with coaching staff to encourage disposal of outdated inventory.
- Assist with purchasing, receiving and shipping, laundry services, equipment room storage and inventory, issuance, repair, and maintenance of equipment apparel and machinery. Notify coaches in a timely manner of all issues pertaining to these areas.
- Oversee uniform and equipment distribution and retrieval at practices and on game day for football.
- Oversee the training, work performance and evaluation of student managers, graduate assistants and part-time employees.
- Full preparation of apparel/equipment issuance at season start-up for football.
- Assist the Director with yearly inventory, external and internal communication, invoicing and billing. Track inventory using Front Rush and Excel databases keeping data entries up to date.
- Athletic Equipment Managers Association certification or certifiable within one year.
- Basic knowledge of laundry procedures and stain removal.
- Basic knowledge of NCAA rules and regulation.
- Some knowledge of athletic equipment room operations and records maintenance.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Organized, detailed and a self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Previous work within a Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
- Experience working with Front Rush inventory software.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.