The Big Sky Conference, an NCAA Division I FCS conference located near Salt Lake City, Utah, is seeking a Championships and Administration Intern. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the execution of Big Sky championships and supporting the office’s day-to-day operations. He or she will report to the Assistant Commissioner of Championships and Finance and the Assistant Commissioner of Compliance and Technology.
The successful candidate will possess an interest in pursuing a career in intercollegiate sport and must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. He or she must be detail-oriented, collaborative, goal-oriented, and a self-starter.
Essential functions include:
• Travel to select championships including #BigSkyInBoise
• Assist in creating championship manuals
• Create, distribute, and compile championship feedback surveys
• Inventory branding and other championship assets
• Assist in managing the Conference’s esports program
• Create agendas and take minutes for select committee meetings
• Assist in the promotion of the Conference’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
• Create surveys to solicit compliance and governance feedback
• Schedule and coordinate in-person and virtual meetings
• Assist in preparing and processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Assist in the management of Conference programming such as Big Sky U, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and mental health initiatives
• Proofread all-conference, individual, and other specialty awards
• Other duties as assigned
Applicants are expected to have either completed a bachelor’s degree or are in their final year of undergraduate matriculation. Experience working in intercollegiate athletics or having been a student-athlete is a plus. Former Big Sky student-athletes are strongly preferred. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office and videoconferencing and must be comfortable learning QuickBooks and Adobe Acrobat.
The anticipated start date for the position is August or September 2021 and would conclude on June 15, 2022. The salary is $1,500 per month and does not include benefits.
Send a resume, cover letter, and list of three references and their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Big Sky Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Does not include benefits
About Big Sky Conference
Founded in 1963, the Big Sky Conference is a NCAA Division I conference competing in the Football Championship Subdivision. With 165 teams representing 15 institutions in 16 sports (seven men’s, nine women’s), the Big Sky prides itself on its “#ExperienceElevated” platform that emphasizes the unique traits and lifelong benefits that the conference and its member institutions provide to around 4,000 student-athletes each year.
The conference has 11 full members (Eastern Washington University; the University of Idaho; Idaho State University; the University of Montana; Montana State University; Northern Arizona University; the University of Northern Colorado; Portland State University; Sacramento State; Southern Utah University; and Weber State University) located in eight states across the western United States, plus two football affiliate members (Cal Poly and UC Davis) and two men’s golf affiliate members (Binghamton University and the University of Hartford). Conference members have won 11 NCAA championships, including seven in football by five different members as well as four titles by NAU men’s cross country over the past five seasons.