Assistant Softball Coach University of South Carolina Upstate TMP01063PO21 Spartanburg, SC www.uscupstate.edu
The Assistant Softball Coach serves to assist with all functions of the USC Upstate softball program and is the primary pitching coach.
• Serves as the team’s pitching coach instructing and working with USC Upstate pitching staff; scouts hitters and calls pitches during the game.
• Assists with instruction during practice (drills, exercises, scrimmages, rules, scouting) and assists in providing coaching during competition.
• Serves as additional recruiting coordinator for the program (off-campus evaluations and contacts, phone calls, letter writing, email communication, etc.).
• Assists with conducting individual workouts during non-traditional practice season.
• Participates in and solicits support for fundraising events (clinics, auction, golf tournaments, U-Club).
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and either two years previous playing experience or one year previous coaching experience at the collegiate level required. Good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check is required.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Internal Number: TMP01063PO21
About University of South Carolina Upstate
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university, a senior institution of the University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked USC Upstate No. 1 among Top Public Regional Colleges in the South. USC Upstate has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars. In addition, students and faculty from over 25 nations reflect the university’s international character. Located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country, the campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina. USC Upstate is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for faculty, staff, and administrators. We are an EOE/AA employer and are strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity.