The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Princeton Athletics seeks to hire an Assistant Director of Athletics Multimedia and Production, tasked with coordinating video broadcasting and streaming, creating original video content for broadcast and in-venue video board shows, and building a library of video footage for the Department of Athletics. This position would interact closely with the full External Relations Team, including Athletic Communications, Marketing, the Princeton Varsity Club and the Athletics Friends Groups. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, one-year term position reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Multimedia and Production and the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations.
- Provide general Support for Video Broadcasting and Streaming. - Serve as the day-to-day contact for broadcasts of Princeton's 38 varsity sports on The Ivy League on ESPN (ESPN+), Princeton's Regional Sports Network partners, and other streaming video productions. - This position will coordinate with an outsourced staff (crewing, training, etc.), as well as produce video content such as studio shows, student-athlete features, etc. to produce high-quality broadcasts for Princeton alumni, parents, fans, and prospects.
- Video Library - This position will assist with the collection and maintenance of a library of footage for 38 varsity sports and nearly 1,000 student-athletes, to be used for future video needs or media requests. - Platform Enhancement - Charged with creating content with consistent messaging on all platforms, including GoPrincetonTigers.com and other department and University channels. Produce video components for general Princeton Varsity Club events. This position will also have an outreach component to highlight various events and individuals throughout the campus community through the creation of video content.
- Provide engineering support for the Levine Broadcast Center for Princeton Athletics and in-venue video board shows.
- Creation of Original Content - This position will create original video content to enhance the broadcasts of all varsity sports, including shooting and editing video, recording and editing sound tracks, utilizing graphics and animation tools to promote and communicate Princeton Athletics' message of 'Education Through Athletics' and Princeton University to a large and diverse group of constituents - Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field - Demonstrated skill in oversight of live event production management - Demonstrated skill in creating original video content - Working knowledge of applicable software and hardware applications and systems, including NewTek (TriCaster and 3Play), AJT LiveBook graphics system, Clear-Com intercom system, NDI video transport, Dante audio, and Adobe Creative Suite. - Strong interpersonal communication skill, both oral and written - Creativity, flexibility, resilience, intelligence, patience and a sense of humor - Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends - Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of students, parents, alumni, senior administrators, faculty and staff - Adhere to NCAA, Ivy League, and ECAC rules and regulations. - Ability to uphold the commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Internal Number: 137914449
About Princeton University
Princeton simultaneously strives to be one of the leading research universities and the most outstanding undergraduate college in the world. As a research university, it seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding, and in the education of graduate students. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching. The University provides its students with academic, extracurricular and other resources—in a residential community committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff—that help them achieve at the highest scholarly levels and prepare them for positions of leadership and lives of service in many fields of human endeavor. Through the scholarship and teaching of its faculty, and the many contributions to society of its alumni, Princeton seeks to fulfill its informal motto: “In the Nation’s Service and the Service of Humanity"