The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic leaning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that is unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. Located in Kenosha, WI between Chicago and Milwaukee, the campus is nestled on 700 acres of woodland and prairie, two miles west of Lake Michigan. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Essential Job Functions
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is proud to offer the graduate assistant positions for the 2021-22 academic year. These graduate assistants will gain valuable experience in Wisconsin’s only NCAA Division II athletics department. Meanwhile, the athletics department will improve its operational efficiency, competitiveness, and student-athlete experience by building capacity through degree-seeking graduate students.
Graduate assistants will also complete other duties as assigned by the athletics department and assist the Health, Kinesiology, and Sport Management department with assigned duties, including serving as an instructor of activity classes. To be eligible, students must be admitted to the in-person Master of Sport Management Program (MSSM)at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Appointments are contingent upon maintenance of minimum credit requirements and good standing in a graduate degree program.
The successful candidates will work a 10-month appointment for the 2021-22 academic year with the opportunity for renewal of a second year. Each graduate assistant will receive an annual stipend of $7,500, paid monthly, and a scholarship of 50% of tuition (in-state or out-of-state tuition). These positions will remain open until filled. Start date for the positions will be August 1 with the potential for a mutually-agreed upon earlier start date.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The video production graduate assistant will work as a member of the Strategic Communications and Marketing office to effectively tell the story of Parkside Athletics through video and other digital media content. The successful candidate will have previous experience with live video and editing. Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Work as a team member in the Strategic Communications and Marketing office.
• Produce, coordinate, and edit when needed, the in-house production of external and internal video content to be used on social media, ParksideRangers.com and more.
• Serve as the main director of all live video production during home events on the Parkside Sports Network.
• Participate in conceptualizing and collaborating with departmental units and coaching staffs on compelling video stories to be produced across the athletics department.
• Online and printed graphic design, including but not limited to the production of schedule posters, promotional graphics, social media campaigns and all other graphic design projects.
• Help to create content and continue to grow Parkside’s presence on social media, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Assist in creation of social media content.
• Travel to select away athletic events as necessary.
• Manage a group communications and video interns that provide assistance during game days and in the office.
Internal Number: 17104
University of Wisconsin Parkside is Wisconsin's only NCAA Division II member institution and is a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC).