This position reports to the Director of Athletics and Recreation and is responsible to manage all phases of a competitive Division I intercollegiate women’s rowing program in compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating the successful recruitment of prospective student-athletes, academic support, skill instruction, practice/match/game planning and execution, and the primary supervision of the program.
Principal accountabilities of the Head Women’s Rowing Coach include:
1. Coach a competitive women’s rowing program which meets annually established goals in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among athletes and ensures compliance with all NCAA, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Recruit outstanding student athletes to participate in the athletic program that fit the academic profile of the institution and are good citizens on campus and in the community.
3. Enthusiastically promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students, parents, guidance counselors and media. Ensure that players associated with the rowing program are eligible under NCAA and Northeast Conference regulations.
4. Effectively prepare, submit, and oversee sound budgets. Ensure expenditures remain within budgets.
5. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to ensure that equipment is issued and retrieved on a timely basis and facilities and students are scheduled appropriately to ensure smooth practices and home events.
6. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to effectively contribute to monitoring student athlete academic progress, encouraging high standards, and counseling the University athlete as appropriate.
7. Share the Bryant vision, and promote public awareness of Bryant University, its women’s rowing program, athletics, and academics, with emphasis on public relations. Participate enthusiastically in fundraising efforts.
8. Effectively supervise assistant coaches, student athletes, and student assistants to result in a competitive, ethical program.
9. Effectively recruit, hire, evaluate and motivate employees, ensuring that hiring and supervisory practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of EEO/AA and other policies contained within the University’s employee and policy manuals.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible coaching experience.
Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A thorough understanding of, and experience with, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations is required. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate coaches and athletes is critical; organizational, budget and management skills are imperative. The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important. A valid driver’s license is required for travel.
This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check and division of motor vehicles check.
About Bryant University
For 155 years, Bryant University has been at the forefront of delivering exceptional education that anticipates the future and prepares students to be innovative leaders of character in a changing world. Bryant delivers an innovative, uniquely integrated business and liberal arts education that inspires students to excel. With approximately 3,700 graduate and undergraduate students from 38 states and 53 countries, Bryant is recognized as a leader in international education and regularly receives top rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, and Barron's.
Abundant co-curricular opportunities, service learning programs, internships, and practicums allow students to put theory into practice while building character and leadership skills. Athletics and recreation play an integral role in the health and well-being of Bryant students, whether competing on one of Bryant's 22 NCAA D1 varsity teams, taking part in a club or intramural sport, or just enjoying the Bulldog school spirit.
Bryant is dedicated to the success of our faculty and staff, and the school provides excellent benefits, training, and support so that individual talents may flourish f...or the benefit of its students. Bryant's academic and technological excellence and innovation foster the development of individuals so each can reach his or her personal best in life and their profession.
The University is located approximately 15 minutes from Providence and one hour from Boston.