Coaching, Coaching - Cross Country, Coaching - Track & Field
4 Year Degree
Experience the pride of wearing the Endicott blue and green! The Athletic Department at Endicott College is seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational and engaging Assistant Coach for the Women's Track & Field and Men's & Women's Cross Country teams.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach of Women's Track & Field and Men's & Women's Cross Country, the assistant coach will assist in all aspects of these programs. This includes areas of preparation of training/practice sessions, recruiting, managing recruiting databases and tours, team travel arrangements and all meet planning and preparation.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership and communication skills; demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes, as well as a commitment to the growth of a diverse community, and alumni base. This individual must embrace the importance of being a visible and engaging leader that has the capacity to work as a team player within the department and College.
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division III Track & Field rules/guidelines and the ability to teach/coach critical meet preparation skills, as well as create and administer a comprehensive training plan.
2. Bachelor Degree, Master preferred.
3. Prior college coaching experience.
4. Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
5. Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, athletic training staff, and athletic department staff.
6. Ability to work with in the team oriented philosophy in the athletics department.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
This full-time, 10-month position is a wonderful opportunity to join this close-knit athletic community. If you have strong leadership and communication skills and can demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes, this is the job for you.
Endicott College is a Baccalaureate, Master and Doctoral degree granting institution located on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Endicott is a welcoming community with engaged staff, faculty and students, and a beautiful campus. Endicott College celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people-representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills-together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Endicott College
Endicott College is a Baccalaureate, Master and Doctoral Degree granting institution located on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Endicott enrolls more than 2850 undergraduates and 2400 Doctorate, Master and Professional Studies students on its Beverly Campus.