Plans, organize, direct and evaluates all phases of a competitive intercollegiate lacrosse program. Understand the role of NCAA and Division III athletics in the educational process and recruit quality student-athletes, who will reflect and represent the quality of Elmhurst University.
1. Organizes and operates an effective women’s lacrosse program.
2. Coordinate the recruitment of student-athletes for women’s lacrosse program. Contribute significantly to the enrollment effort of both the institution and the athletic department.
3. Prepares annual budget structure and monitor expenditures.
4. Maintains and updates a sufficient inventory of equipment. Select and order equipment and other material needed to successfully run a program. Oversee the issuing and collecting of all equipment, uniforms, supplies, and materials.
5. Develops the contest schedule and coordinate all team travel arrangements.
6. Supervises all pre-season conditioning and non-traditional season programs, including team planning sessions and long-range planning sessions with assistant coaches.
7. Plans, organizes, and administers all in-season practice sessions.
8. Conducts all on-field coaching of the women’s lacrosse program during intercollegiate contests.
9. Assigns responsibilities to and supervise all work of assistant coaches.
10. Counsels’ student-athletes and set up both short- and long-range goals. This includes academic monitoring, academic advising and suggesting when tutorial help may be helpful for student-athletes.
11. Develops and carries out fund-raising projects as approved by the Director of Athletics.
12. Assists in the department-wide fund-raising initiatives as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
13. Works closely with the Sports Information Director pertaining to all media relations. Provide information for the promotional needs of game programs, team media guides, recruiting brochures and other publications. Responsibly call in to the media all scores, statistics, and game results when competing on the road.
14. Maintains positive public relations with the community through an assortment of events including camps and clinics.
15. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Elmhurst University, NCAA, CCIW and rules and regulations.
16. Adhere to NCAA Compliance Regulations.
17. Endorses and supports other sports within the Athletic Department and fulfill other secondary duties as outlined by the Director of Athletics.
18. Endorses and supports other areas within the Division of Student Affairs including attendance at all meetings and service on committees.
19. Interacts with all other institutional constituencies and actively participate in their events.
20. Performs all summer duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
21. Support the department of athletics and institutions commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
22. Support the mission, vision, and values of Elmhurst University.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL NOTATION: Staff members must possess a commitment and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of Elmhurst University the CCIW and the NCAA. Staff members must cooperate with and furnish the NCAA, the CCIW and/or Elmhurst University with truthful and complete information concerning involvement in or knowledge of rules violations. Any person who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or correction actions a set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repeated violations.
Master's Degree Preferred
Experience as an assistant or head coach in Women’s Lacrosse, preferably in a small private college environment. Awareness of proper place in the educational development of young people that intercollegiate athletics occupies.
Well-developed communication skills and ability to discuss college programs and policies with a variety of prospective student audiences.
Sensitivity to the mission of the University and the “Profile” of prospective students who have the best fit with that mission.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Please include a statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as part of the application materials.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift 50 pounds. Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, as required.
About Elmhurst University
Elmhurst offers 66 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate programs, evening and online programs for adults, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with differing abilities. Elmhurst University is among the top-ranked colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.