· Administer your sport in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HAAC regulations and guidelines.
· Monitor and stay within the parameters of the basketball budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
· Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
· Oversee Junior Varsity program.
· Attend Athletic Department meetings.
· Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
· Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
· Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach.
· Assist with annual inventory.
· Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
· Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
· Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
· Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff
· Assist with the supervision of other athletic events as needed by the administration.
· All Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: Background in the sport of basketball; played or coached
Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
Willing to work long hours.
About William Penn University
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, coaches will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality