IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University seeks a dynamic leader to serve as the full-time assistant women’s basketball coach at Iowa Wesleyan University. Iowa Wesleyan currently offers 18 NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic programs. On July 1, 2021, IW will become full members of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and conference members of the Association for Independent Institutions (A.I.I.), the North Star Athletic Association (football only), and the Heart of America Athletic Conference (wrestling only). The candidate is responsible for supporting the women’s basketball program in all aspects. Major Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the women’s basketball program.
* Administer program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University and athletic affiliation.
* Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
* Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition and off-season training.
* Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system to accomplish competitive success and roster goals.
* Maintain a high level of visibility within IW’s service region.
* Schedule contests in accordance with the policies set forth by Iowa Wesleyan University.
* Coordinate travel and meal considerations for away contests. * Organize and run summer camps to help young players improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
* Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior.
* Evaluate and review the program and recommend changes and improvements to the head women’s basketball coach.
* Other duties as assigned by the head coach or VP for Advancement and Athletics.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, coaching philosophy, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers/
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles for team transportation to and from away contests required.
Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
About Iowa Wesleyan University
Iowa Wesleyan University is a fully accredited, coeducational liberal arts university. Founded in 1842, it has a rich history of innovation in education, pioneering in the sciences, educational opportunities for women and service-learning, to name just a few. The college is affiliated with the United Methodist Church with which it shares a commitment to spiritual values, social justice and human welfare.