The Department of Athletics at Jacksonville University is accepting applications for the Student-Athlete Services Graduate Assistant position. The individual in this position will be a part-time member of the department’s academic support staff, and report directly to the Director of Student Athlete Services.
This position serves an integral role within the JU Athletics Department. It will afford the individual an opportunity to gain hands-on experience of student-athlete services programming and initiatives at the NCAA Division I level. The individual will be responsible for helping with daily operations, student tracking, learning support, study hall monitoring, and research. The Graduate Assistant will also work directly with coaching staffs for their respective sports. The person in this position will be responsible for mentoring a caseload of at-risk student-athletes and monitoring their academic progress through regular individual meetings.
· Provide support for the day-to-day operations of the Student-Athlete Services Department.
· Advise and monitor the academic progress (continuing eligibility) of caseload of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, conference, and University policies.
· Serve as the primary coordinator and monitor for Success Tables (study hall).
· Generate academic reports and summaries.
· Responsible for the distribution of departmental updates via new media platforms.
· Develop and distribute missed class worksheets and travel letters for various sport programs.
· Assist with the academic awards and recognition process for student-athletes.
· Support student-athlete development and community outreach initiatives.
· Perform other duties as assigned, including serving on campus committees and participating in special projects.
· Ability to adhere to the rules, laws and guidelines of the NCAA, affiliated conferences (ASUN, MAAC, SoCON), Jacksonville University, FERPA, etc.
· Full admission to a master’s program at Jacksonville University.
. The program must be spread over 2 academic years (dual degrees are not covered via tuition waiver)
· Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.25
· Available to work flexible hours.
· Ability to work in a collaborative creative environment producing work that not only aligns with the overall mission of the department, but also advances the overall goal.
· Must have a keen sense of confidentiality and ability to exercise sound judgement.
· Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, operate meticulously, and set appropriate professional boundaries with student-athletes.
· Familiarity with NCAA Athletics, specifically Division I, is preferred.
About Jacksonville University
Jacksonville University is a premier, small, private university with an enrollment of 3,500 students on a 260 acre riverfront campus in jacksonville, Florida. The university reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.