Siena Heights University Sports Information Department is seeking a motivated individual to fill the role of graduate assistant in Sports Information. The successful candidate must apply for and be admitted to a Siena Heights University graduate school program to qualify for employment for this position.
Applications will be accepted immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The position begins July, 1, 2021
• Serve as the primary contact for select sports
• Writing press releases, game recaps, and other stories that will be published on the athletics website (SHUSaints.com)
• Design and create content for social media platforms
• Update athletics website by maintaining statistic and historical information for archives, posting team rosters, schedules, as well as coach and player bios.
• Assist in the design and production of gameday and seasonal publications
• Other duties as assigned by the Sports Information Director
Graduate assistants receive graduate tuition as well as a stipend that is issued in bi-weekly payments throughout the year.
Individuals wishing to apply should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
• Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, sport management or related field
• Ability to work nights and weekends to fulfill duties.
• Strong communication, organization, writing, editing and design skills
• Experienced computer skills specifically in the use of Microsoft Office
• Experience with various social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience using stats software (PrestoStats, Stat Crew, Genius Live Stas, or DakStats) to input/call stats in a variety of sports
• Intermediate skills using Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign/Photoshop)
• Experience in gameday management for intercollegiate athletics
• Prior experience working in a college athletics department
About Siena Heights University
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Founded in the liberal arts tradition, Siena offers associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees and has a total of 2000 students on all campuses. The university is headquartered in Adrian, Michigan with degree completion centers located throughout Michigan. Siena Heights University is a NAIA school with an affiliation in the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference.