Responsible for all aspects of developing, leading, and maintaining a competitive men’s basketball program in the Big Sky Conference. This includes, but is not limited to: coaching, recruiting, retaining and counseling student-athletes; monitoring academic progress culminating in graduation; managing daily administrative duties of the program; fundraising and public relations; supervising assistants; adhering to all rules and regulations of the university, NCAA, and Big Sky.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years collegiate coaching required with proven success in recruiting.
- Demonstrate excellent professional/interpersonal communication skills and a commitment to the total welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing a successful Division I men’s basketball program both academically and athletically.
- Head coaching, NCAA Division I, coaching at multiple levels, and program building experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Ties to the Northwest and West Coast Junior Colleges preferred.
Additional Salary Information: The starting annual salary rate for this position will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
About Portland State Athletic Department
Portland State’s 49-acre downtown campus is located in the heart of one of America’s most vibrant centers of culture, business and technology. We are recognized throughout the world for programs like Urban Planning, Social Work, and Environmental Studies that directly engage the community, and aim our students towards the creation of a better, more sustainable world.The Vikings compete at the NCAA Division I level in basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, tennis, softball, indoor and outdoor track and field, and cross country. The university has been a member of the Big Sky Conference since 1996. Along with the other Big Sky football programs, Viking football takes-part in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).