The position of UWSP Assistant Football Coach reports directly to the Head Football Coach and indirectly to the Athletic Director. This position will be responsible for coaching the offensive line. Two years of previous offensive line coaching experience are required with college offensive line coaching experience preferred. This position will also be responsible for assisting with special teams, recruiting high-quality students to UWSP, monitoring of student-athlete academics, assisting with off-season training programs, assisting with camps & clinics, assisting with fund-raising and other duties assigned by either the Head Football Coach. This position will also have outside of football duties assigned by the Athletic Director.
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 2 years of previous football coaching experience
· At least 2 years of previous offensive line coaching experience
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to lead & assist with team strength & conditioning session
· Knowledge of and ability to learn HUDL, Front Rush, Excel
· Personal integrity & discipline associated with being a professional football coach.
· Must be a self-starter with a high work ethic
· Master's Degree or higher
· Two years of football coaching experience at the DIII level or other NCAA / NAIA levels.
· Two years of full-time NCAA or NAIA offensive line coaching experience
· Previous experience leading or assisting with Football Strength & Conditioning programs
· Previous Special Teams coaching experience at the DIII level or other NCAA / NAIA levels.
· Demonstrated ability as a strong mentor or role model for players both academically and socially
· Proven commitment to and understanding of NCAA III intercollegiate athletics.
· Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and WIAC rules and regulations. · Extensive knowledge of offensive football and the ability to articulate & teach the game to players
· Previous successful on and off campus recruiting experience.
· The willingness & ability to successfully recruit high quality student / athletes to UW Stevens Point
· Previous recruiting experience at the DIII level or other NCAA / NAIA levels.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. To return to a draft application, click on the “My Activities” link at the top of the screen after logging in. Once you click on Submit Application, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. After submitting the application, you will receive an Application Confirmation email from the application system. Refer to the “How to Apply” document for more information.
To ensure consideration, completed online applications must be received by end of day, 11:59 pm, on January 19, 2021. However, screening may continue until the needs of the recruitment are met.
Required Materials Files must be complete to be considered. Submission in PDF format is preferred for all attachments. Please include the following documents: - Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience - Resume - Contact information for three professional references Official Transcripts required of finalist Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Additional Salary Information: 12 month, limited
Internal Number: 21-27LI37
About UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STEVENS POINT
Division of Athletics. http://athletics.uwsp.edu/index.aspx?path.
Recently ranked in the Top 10 Public Universities in the Midwest by US News and World Report, UWSP provides challenging academics and a rich array of extra-curricular opportunities within a supportive regional community. Committed to developing global citizens, UWSP has a strong focus on sustainability, and engages the highest percentage of students in study abroad within the University of Wisconsin System. For more about UWSP visit: http://www.uwsp.edu
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, part of the University of Wisconsin System, is a leading four-year comprehensive institution located in scenic Central Wisconsin. Approximately 9,300 students are enrolled with a student faculty ratio of 20:1 in the classroom. While primarily serving undergraduates through a variety of baccalaureate programs, UW-Stevens Point also offers several master's level graduate programs and an applied doctoral degree (Au.D.) in audiology. The 406-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities and the Schmeeckle Nature Reserve. The university has a strong focus on sustainability initiatives... and has been named one of the nation’s green universities by The Princeton Review. The university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Visit www.uwsp.edu for more information about UW-Stevens Point.