- As directed by the Athletic Director or designee,
- Have complete knowledge of, and maintain strict compliance with, the rules and regulations governing the sport, recruitment of student-athletes, and intercollegiate athletic competition. Supervise those persons and staff, including compliance by such persons, with University, MAC, CCHA as applicable, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Identify, evaluate, scout, recruit, and interview prospective student-athletes and their parents/guardians in an effort to secure the best possible student-athletes for the Program and University.
- Work in cooperation with and support of the University's administrators and faculty to ensure the quality of a well-rounded student-athlete experience resulting in student-athletes' academic requirements being satisfied, leading to graduation. Be fair, sympathetic and protective of the student-athletes while upholding academic and moral integrity.
- Effectively prepare players for each game and each season with dedication so as to assist the student-athletes to attain their maximum level of athletic performance and to successfully compete against major college competition.
- Participate in fundraising, alumni, public relations and media events as requested or deemed appropriate in an effort to improve relations, increase fundraising, and maintain a positive image of the Broncos and the University.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in recruiting, training, coaching, evaluating, and supervising student-athletes to attain their maximum level of academic and athletic performance and to compete successfully against major college competition in a quality Program.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with 1-5 years of relevant coaching experience, preferable at the NCAA Division I level.
- Previous collegiate head coaching experience.
- A Master's degree from an accredited institution.
Internal Number: 0605401
About Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry.Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged.The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minorit...y groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.