United Soccer Coaches National, United Soccer Coaches Advanced National, United Soccer Coaches Premier, United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching
Coaching, Coaching - Soccer
4 Year Degree
SABA was established in 1999, initially as a training organization before transitioning into a fully independent travel club in 2012. SABA has demonstrated consistent ability to build successful teams whilst developing the individual on and off the field. A number of players have gone on to represent the club at top levels within MLS youth academies, top colleges, as well as U.S youth national pools.
Committed to values that won’t compromise the quality of the club, SABA NYC strives to create a soccer culture that keeps player needs at the forefront. Over 300 players currently represent SABA across 20-25 teams within Brooklyn, NY. Teams mostly compete within the NYCSL/ NPL league framework.
We are looking for a candidate who has the management skills and confidence to handle operations of a 300+ travel player organization. Experience in this role is preferred, but not a deal-breaker, providing you are an ambitious candidate who would relish the opportunity to learn the management side of running a youth soccer club. You will work closely with the club director and be given the platform to build new and innovative ways to improve and grow the organization.
We prefer candidates who have a background in playing/coaching soccer. Candidates should be willing to personally lead between 2-4 teams of their own within the club framework throughout the seasons in addition to their administrative duties
The club is interviewing for a candidate to join the management team beginning August 2020.
• Ability to multi-task and project manage
• Exemplary customer service – respond to parent/team emails quickly and efficiently
• Ability to handle unforeseen issues in a calm and organized manner
• Confidence to lead and manage up to 7-10 coaches and 20 parent volunteers
• Adaptable to use online management tools, such as Teamsnap, Trello and Slack etc.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in a heavy client-facing role
• Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to problem solve and make tough decisive decisions
• Handle prospective player inquiries and manage the customer journey from initial inquiry to final registration to team assignment.
• Assist in game scheduling of over 400 games throughout the year
• Organize weekend game-day operations, ensuring teams and staff are fully prepared
• Oversee and lead staff and ensure sessions are running on time, efficiently and safely
• Coordinate game-day availability and guesting via our Teamsnap software app
• Assist in growing summer camp participation and other clinics/camps throughout the year
• Provide new innovative ideas and suggestions to Directors to improve operations, grow programs and improve quality
*Availability and Hours:*
• Administrative hours: mostly ‘work from home’ and will be flexible providing work is complete
• Practice Hours (Fall & Spring): 4.00-7.00pm, Monday to Thursday
• Practice hours (Winter season): varied
• Weekend Games/Tournaments: must have availability to lead 2-4 teams on assigned game weekends.
• Opportunities to work additional holiday camps and clinics are available
• Opportunities to work private lessons are available
*Domestic U.S Coaches only* - we do not offer visas or relocation to overseas coaches.
About SABA NYC
SABA NYC has provided training and coaching in the Brooklyn NY area for the last 20 years. Currently, there are 300 members in the club on both boys and girls teams from U7-U16.SABA strives to develop players and teams that display a similar style throughout all age groups. The staff encourages creativity and risks in order to develop an attractive style that is deliberate and recognizable.Individual and team accomplishments are not the only barometers of success. The “culture” at SABA provides a deliberate process that embraces challenges and is capable of achieving individual, team, and club objectives. A drive to maintain this culture continuously recognizes SABA as a program worth experiencing.