Job Summary Assists in the coordination and maintenance of a comprehensive compliance program. Establishes, implements, monitors, and enforces policies and procedures that will enable the University, athletic department, student-athletes, and representatives of athletics interests to be in compliance with NCAA, Conference USA, and University regulations, as well as state and federal laws.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the education of athletic staff members, student-athletes, representatives of athletics interests, and the community regarding NCAA and Conference USA rules and regulations; Provides rule interpretations to coaches and athletic staff members.
2. Assists in the research, preparation, and submission of NCAA and Conference USA forms, reports and questionnaires.
3. Assists the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance with student-athlete financial aid and scholarship awards; Manages the Student Assistance Fund.
4. Works closely with the Student Academic Enhancement Staff and Registrar to determine initial eligibility and continuing eligibility.
5. Uses the Compliance Assistant database and the ARMS Software to prepare squad and eligibility lists; Uses the ARMS Compliance Software to monitor playing and practice season, recruiting, amateurism, and awards and benefits legislation.
6. Assists in the investigation and reporting of NCAA infractions, submission of legislative relief waivers, and in the administration of the annual coaches’ certification exam.
7. Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications Master’s degree or higher; One to two years related experience.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-driven university with a proud history and an eye on the future. A dual-campus university, Southern Miss serves students on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, in addition to five teaching and research sites in Mississippi and through Online at Southern Miss. Since 2006, Southern Miss students have collected seven Goldwater Scholarships, three Truman Scholarships and 14 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships. Our Center for Undergraduate Research affords our students meaningful research opportunities, and as a proven leader in innovation, we conduct transformative research that translates into real-world solutions. As one of only 36 institutions in the nation accredited in art, dance, music and theatre, we are a haven for creativity and artistic expression. In the classroom or lab, on the playing field, or in the performance hall, we strive to have a positive impact not only on our students, but also the world around us. Further information is found at www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act i...nstitution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.