United Soccer Coaches National, United Soccer Coaches Advanced National, United Soccer Coaches Premier
Coaching, Coaching - Soccer
Colorado Academy is seeking applicants for the position of Varsity Assistant Coach and/or JV Head Coach for the Boys Soccer program for the upcoming Fall 2019 season. This position will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of coaching at the Varsity level and/or taking on the role of JV Head Coach. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to; conducting practices, motivating high achieving student-athletes, and instructing high school soccer players in the areas of technical, tactical, physical and psychological development.
Other responsibilities will include:
1. Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach during pre-season and during the regular season.
3. Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Soccer coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with in-game tactical decision making.
5. Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
8. Successfully pass a school background check and mini bus drivers' test in order to drive 14 passenger school buses to away competitions.
This coach will also be responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the Head Soccer Coach, Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director and Principal.
The ideal candidate should have a strong soccer background as a player and as a coach. Some experience as an assistant soccer coach at the high school, club or college level along with one or more coaching licenses is preferred. All candidates must possess effective and best practice coaching techniques and skills in the game of soccer. All candidates must possess knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport and must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the tactical and technical demands of the game. All candidates must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students and clearly communicate philosophies and expectations that are in line with the school mission statement.
Applicants should send a Coaching Resume and the names of 2 references to the Head Boys Soccer Coach, Gabe Bernstein, at Gabe.Bernstein@coloradoacademy.org.
About Colorado Academy
Founded in 1906, Colorado Academy is a coeducational independent day school for grades Pre K through high school located in Denver, Colorado. Colorado Academy develops the whole person for college and for life through excellence in academics, arts, athletics, 21st-century skills, and character education.