Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is responsible in assisting the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II athletics program as a member of the athletics department management team. Primary responsibilities are to provide staff development and management, professional medical care in the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries including emergency situations in support of the mission of the College. Manage a complete inventory of sports medicine related equipment and supplies of items for all intercollegiate athletics programs and the department.
1. Evaluates injuries which occur during athletic events, administers appropriate initial treatment, determines whether further medical treatment is required, and coordinates referrals to physicians or other medical professionals as necessary to insure that injured student/athletes receive timely and appropriate medical care.
2. Responsible for staff development and management; and preparing and managing all aspects of the Sports Medicine Department budget.
3. Teaches student athletes the principles of basic health and injury prevention.
4. Responsible for developing and supervising the activities of professional staff and student employees including scheduling hours, training, making assignments, and monitoring to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work performed.
5. Maintains accurate and complete computerized records of all treatments administrated and referrals made.
6. Submits appropriate insurance forms to student/athletes and insurance company for reimbursement.
7. Provide game and practice coverage and necessary supplies.
8. Arrange for team doctor appointments and ensure team doctor's attendance at required home games schedule
9. Responsible for the communication and coordination of all medical clearance paperwork necessary for all student-athletes.
10. Coordinate teaching/tracking of CPR and First Aid Certification/Automated External Defibrillator for all Head Coaches and staff.
11. Oversee NCAA Drug Testing program.
12. Assists the Head Coaches with coordination of medical coverage for their summer camps when needed.
13. Coordinate services and referrals with campus departments including Student Health Services and the Student Development and Counseling Center.
14. Be a part of the Athletics Department Management team with the Senior Associate Directors of Athletics, Assistant Director of Athletics for Operations and Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications, which will make recommendations regarding all aspects of the Department to the Director of Athletics.
15. Prioritize attendance at College events such as: Student/Athlete Candlelight, Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletics Awards Night, Orientation, Graduation, etc.
16. Serve as the NCAA Athletics Health Care Administrator.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Master's required, specializing in athletic training or a related field.
* 3-5 years of Supervisory experience.
* Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Certification through the NATA and possess a MA State Athletic Training license.
* Possess current CPR and First Aid Certification/Automated External Defibrillator
* Excellent computer skills
* Excellent communication organizational, managerial and clinical skills
About Assumption College
We are proud to call ourselves the Assumption College Community. Our Community encompasses students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, Augustinians of the Assumption, and Assumptionist Sisters. The employees of this community are all considered educators.
Assumption, a liberal arts and professional studies college, lies at the center of Massachusetts in the City of Worcester. The campus is approximately three miles from the downtown area. Its location in Central Massachusetts among 15 other colleges and universities, affords employees many academic, cultural and social advantages. In addition, Worcester has many fine facilities and programs, including an outstanding, nationally known art museum and music festival, a symphony orchestra and science museum. Worcester has a large public school system and several excellent private elementary and secondary schools. Facilities for winter and summer sports and for all sorts of recreational activities abound in Worcester and vicinity. Proximity to the cities of Boston and Springfield (approximately one hour by car) add numerous opportunities to those available locally.
The Office of Human Resources handles all employee benefits as well as the hiring of faculty, staff and administration.