Executive, Executive - Associate Athletics Director
Wabash College seeks applicants for its position of Associate Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness. Reporting directly to the Director of Athletics and Campus Wellness, the Associate Director of Athletics and Campus Wellness will manage multiple facets of departmental administrative operations, including but not limited to: business operations, compliance, equipment, game operations, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, student employment, and campus wellness operations.
1. Primary oversight of departmental business operations.
2. Primary oversight of compliance operations. Maintain knowledge and understanding of NCAA governance and compliance issues, in addition to NCAC policies.
3. Primary oversight of wellness operations, course offerings, intramurals, and related programming.
4. Primary oversight of sport performance, including sports medicine and strength & conditioning.
5. Primary oversight of equipment operations.
6. Primary oversight of student employment.
7. Primary liaison with SAAC and other student-athlete centered programming designed to positively impact the student-athlete experience.
8. Oversight and coordination of effective game operations.
9. Assist coaches and staff in achieving desired program objectives and goals.
10. Assist the Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness on external initiatives, as needed, e.g. alumni events, corporate sponsorships, etc.
11. Responsible for management of full-time and student employees.
12. Represent the institution at NCAC, NCAA, and other events in the absence of, or in conjunction with, the Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Experience as an intercollegiate student-athlete. Prior work experience at another NCAA institution or a national governing body is strongly preferred. Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in working with diverse groups of student-athletes, faculty and staff across campus.
This position is intended to be funded through the NCAA’s Strategic Alliance Matching Grant program. Applications will be reviewed as accepted with an anticipated start date of January 2, 2019. Any questions on the position may be directed to Matt Tanney, Director of Athletics & Campus Wellness, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by clicking “apply now" here or at www.wabash.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
About Wabash College
Wabash College301 W. Wabash AveCrawfordsville, IN 47933