McMurry University is currently seeking a head football coach who will be responsible for the overall operation and conduct of the football program. This individual will provide instruction and guidance to scholar-athletes to improve individual and team performance. Additionally, the head coach will recruit scholar-athletes that will represent the University in a manner that will reflect favorably upon the university and athletics department.
Essential Duties: The major/essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions which, are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
• Developing Champions for Life through the sport of football by modeling the departmental core values of Responsibility, Integrity, Service and Excellence. The ultimate responsibility for the position is to add value to the university culture, while launching leaders of tomorrow through a transformative athletics experience.
• Recruiting: identify prospective scholar-athletes qualified for admission to McMurry University; effectively communicate with prospective sscholar-athletes; effectively communicates and coordinates recruitment efforts with McMurry’s Office of Admissions.
• Coaching/Student-Athlete Experience: demonstrate knowledge of, and ability to develop, sport skills, strategies and philosophy; promote scholar-athlete welfare and provides appropriate mentoring to student-athletes and assistant coaches.
• Program Administration: operate within all University, American Southwest Conference and NCAA III guidelines; schedule practices; maintain inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies; carry out team travel according to established policies and procedures; effectively communicate within the department and with University community on matters pertaining to the football program.
• Supervision: identify, hire, train and evaluate assistant coaches, including part-time staff; ensure that assistant coaches adhere to all University, American Southwest Conference and NCAA III guidelines.
• Occasional duties: As assigned by the Athletic Director
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. 2. Five or more years of successful coaching experience. 3. Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both a team and individual setting. 4. Ability to recruit outstanding scholar-athletes to a strong academic environment. 5. A commitment to providing a positive role model and leadership to the team as well as excellent communication skills are required. 6. Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies. 7. A commitment to creating a positive and optimistic culture to the football program, athletics department, and University.
Interested candidates should send resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org and also apply online at here.
McMurry University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and education and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, veteran’s status, or against qualified disabled persons in employment or the provision of services, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Internal Number: AS355P
About McMurry University
Founded in 1923, McMurry University has gained a national reputation for excellence and value through the achievements of our faculty, students, and graduates. We are a liberal arts university offering bachelor's degrees in the fine arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, business, education, and nursing. Steeped in our United Methodist tradition, our 1100 students are affected daily by our Core Values: Christian Faith as the foundation of life, Personal Relationships as the catalyst for life, Learning as the journey of life, Excellence as the goal of life, and Service as the measure of life. We boast of an outstanding faculty and staff whose goal is to maximize each student's level of achievement and to expose them to those qualities that go into making a successful life. You can also read about us in 100 Colleges Where Average Students Can Excel.We are located on 40 acres in a quiet residential section of Abilene, Texas, a city of 115,930. Just as our university is large enough to offer excellent opportunities while avoiding the impersonal experience of a large school, Abilene is large enough to offer the amenities of a major city while retaining the safety, convenience, a...nd charm of a small town. Recognized by Money Magazine as one of the top 100 safest places to live, Abilene has been an All-America City and a consistent winner in USA Today's "Make a Difference Day". Our monthly Art Walk in the restored downtown area is an exciting cultural event that has been showcased on Good Morning America as a model for downtown renewal. McMurry and Abilene are within a comfortable drive of most major cities and attractions of the Great State of Texas.