Purchase College, State University of New York, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sports Information Director. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1.Responsible for recording and compiling all statistics for athletic teams.
2. Act as the primary liaison between Purchase College and the Skyline Conference in reporting of results and statistics.
3. Act as primary liaison between Purchase College and NCAA in reporting of results and statistics.
4. Act as main liaison between Purchase College in reporting of results and statistics.
5. Serve as liaison with local and college newspaper sports editors and social media outlets. 6. Develop and write press releases for players and teams that will be submitted to both local and hometown newspapers after each contest.
7. Update results and team write-ups on Purchase College athletics website and other related conference websites and DIII media outlets/social media.
8. Work with campus public relations office to disseminate information to the surrounding community as well as to the campus community.
9. Hire, train, and supervise student staff of athletic assistants.
10. Oversee game day operations for all home events including student staff. Weekend, evening and holidays will be required for some supervision. 11. Assure that all proper steps for reporting have been taken for away events.
12. Coordinate video tape exchange with other conference schools.
13. Supervise student SID interns and assistants.
14. Maintain and develop a sports history file and data base for all teams in the athletic program.
15. Develop team press guides and schedules.
16. Develop athletic information program for all home games, listing team members from Purchase College and visiting teams, as well as publicizing Booster Club donors. 17. Coordinate student-athlete sports awards with Assistant Athletic Director for end-of-year Awards Dinner.
18. Work as photographer for the athletic program and its teams.
19. Train and supervise the Assistant SID; serve as the direct supervisor for the assistant SID
20. Serve as web site coordinator for the Division and keep website up to date as changes occur. Continue to upgrade, improve, and keep the website current
21. Hire, train, schedule and supervise all student athletic assistants.
22. Host and or supervise live stats transmission through SideArm Purchase College athletic website.
23. Upload game-tape exchange film.
24. Monitor or supervise Colorado timing system for home swim meets.
25. Nominate student-athletes and department for NCAA, Skyline and other recognition.
26. Be a member of CoSIDA and attend all required conference and NCAA meetings
PLEASE NOTE: With the intention of adding more sports in the future, the Sports Information Director will oversee any additional sports added and take on all responsibilities listed above for any future sport added.
This position requires candidate to be available to work evenings and weekends. A flexible schedule is required.
To apply for the position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at https://jobs.purchase.edu and complete an online application.
Clery: The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception,prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and the availability regarding the University's current campus security policies. Purchase College's Annual Security Report is available at http://www.purchase.edu/offices/nysup/policies/.
Nondiscrimination Policy - Purchase College is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to service, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants, or other members of the Purchase community (including vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic. To view the entire policy, please visit the following website: https://www.purchase.edu/offices/hr/policies-and-procedures/
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Purchase College is an AA/EEO employer. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and the availability regarding the University's current campus security policies. Purchase College's Annual Security Report is available at https://www.purchase.edu/offices/nysup/policies/
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications (required and preferred listed below): Candidate is required to have a bachelor's degree; master's degree in related field preferred. Candidate must possess exceptional writing skills, reporting skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
Candidate must be familiar with all NCAA required statistic recording programs (ie. Stat Crew, Colorado timing, etc.) Candidate must be adept with using and publicizing information on all social media platforms Candidate must have prior experience working in a collegiate athletic department Candidate must have a valid driver's license and be able to lift up to 50 lbs Must have knowledge of all NCAA Division III rules and regulations Experience in promotion and marketing of athletic events Candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends and have a flexible work schedule
About Purchase College
State University at Purchase. Department of Athletics