Florida Atlantic University’s Intercollegiate Athletics Department is seeking an Assistant Director of Ticket Operations, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepares revenue reports generated by the Ticket Operations Office.
- Enforces ticket office policies and procedures following university and NCAA audit guidelines and Florida law. These procedures include locating established booster seating, setting season ticket prices, administering comp ticket programs, reconciling game day events, depositing ticket revenue and building stadium and facility manifest.
- Assists with the season ticket renewal process for all ticketed events.
- Assigns season ticket seating locations for FAU Athletic events. This includes home and away games, any post-season tournaments, and outside events.
- Assists Director of Ticket Operations with hiring, training, and supervision of part-time ticket office staff. This includes all policies and procedures regarding public relations, operational goals, accounting standards, computer operation.
- Manages game day operations of selected FAU athletic events and provide assistance in other assigned sports, including: post-game summaries, attendance, and sales reports.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all constituents, through in-bound calls, emails and day of game sales.
- Serves as department liaison with students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association and the general public.
- Interprets all guidelines regarding NCAA rules and regulations concerning ticket sales and distribution, including complimentary tickets for prospective student athletes. Also to advise staff members on these procedures.
- Communicates with the Conference on ticket distributions for any regular or post season events.
- Performs other related duties and/or projects as assigned by Director of Ticket Operations.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two years of experience working in college/professional athletics; or Master’s degree form an accredited institution and one year of experience working in college/professional athletics required
Master's Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Knowledge of computerized ticketing systems preferred.
Previous experience with customer service preferred.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Professional, self-motivated and detail oriented, with the ability to adapt in a quick changing work environment.
Internal Number: REQ04786
About Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University is a public research university with multiple campuses along the southeast Florida coast serving a uniquely diverse community. Today, the University serves more than 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students. FAU is the employer of choice to over 4,000 full and part time employees.