Duquesne University Department of Athletics is seeking a motivated, determined, hardworking individual for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Development & Corporate Partnerships. This position will oversee the design and implementation of a successful revenue generation campaign focused on athletics corporate partnerships, leadership annual giving, annual giving, and planned giving programs to maximize support for annual fund, sponsorships, scholarship, programmatic and facilities initiatives. Other responsibilities will include developing and implementing processes for acquiring, retaining and growing individuals, corporations and foundations to optimize philanthropic support for Duquesne University Athletics.
This position will carry a portfolio of proven and prospective donors with the capacity to make gifts in the Leadership Annual Giving ($9,999 - $1,000) and Annual Giving ($999-$1) range. This position will also be responsible for overseeing and facilitating all Duquesne Athletic Fund events on and off campus; golf outings, tennis pro am, hall of fame ceremony, game day hospitality for donors, team alumni events, donor trips, to name a few.
Assistant Athletic Director for Development & Corporate Partnerships will report to the Associate Athletic Director for Development & Corporate Partnerships.
1. Plan and establish leadership annual giving and annual giving program for Duquesne Athletics
2. Develop a Relationship Management Process for all donors, prospective donors, and corporations Establish ongoing relationships with individual & corporate supporters through meaningful contact
3. Work with leadership in the Athletic Department to develop solicitation goals, objectives, and strategies for athletics programs and special projects
4. Maintain a portfolio of 180+ leadership annual giving and annual giving donors and prospective donors to acquire, retain and grow their support
5. Develop effective professional relationships with staff and coaches at the Athletic Department to collaborate on fundraising and friend-raising strategies
6. Develop effective professional relationships with University departments such as Advancement, Alumni Relations, Admissions, University Events, and Corporate & Foundation Relations.
7. Participate in Athletic and Advancement department meetings, planning sessions, and special project committees as needed
8. Work with Executive Director of Annual Giving in the office of University Advancement on coordinating annual solicitations
9. Work with Associate Athletic Director for External Relations on relationship and solicitation materials
10. Coordinate game day hospitality for all home football and men’s basketball and select women’s basketball games for donors, prospects, and corporate partners
11. Coordinate select away football and men’s basketball games donor trips and hospitality
12. Perform occasional travel for major games, tournaments and postseason events
13. Perform occasional travel to visit with alumni and friends in select areas of the country
14. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's degree
2. 3+ years in working in college athletics with direct fundraising, corporate partnerships, or related experience
3. Demonstrated success in revenue generation and relationship building
4. Clear understanding and commitment to the mission of Duquesne University
5. Demonstrated skill in working independently and as part of a team to develop and achieve revenue goals
6. Knowledge of development programs and successful fundraising best practices
7. Ability to create funding plans, prioritize assignments, multi-task, plan events, write proposals, and meet deadlines
8. Strong ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast passed environment
9. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
10. Ability to establish effective working relationships, professional rapport, and effectively accomplish work within a university setting that includes a wide array of policies, processes, individuals and groups
11. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
12. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
13. Flexibility to work non-traditional hours and weekends
14. Flexibility to plan and implement events on and off campus
15. Ability and willingness to contribute actively to the mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
About Duquesne University Athletics
Duquesne University is a private, coeducational university located on a bluff above downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1878 as a Catholic college by the Order of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne is the largest and most comprehensive Catholic university in Pennsylvania, and the only Spiritan institution of higher education in the world. Duquesne is consistently ranked among America's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and a tradition of academic excellence. A coeducational university on a self-contained campus with dramatic views of Pittsburgh's skyline and rivers, the university has students representing nearly every state in the union and 80 nations. Duquesne has a 14:1 student/faculty ratio, and 87 percent of incoming freshman are drawn from the top half of their high school class. Duquesne offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in natural and environmental sciences, leadership, business, nursing, health sciences, pharmacy, law, education, music, and the liberal arts. Duquesne University offers 6 men’s and 11 women’s varsity sports, including NCAA Division I Basketball, (Atlantic 10 Conference), and Division I-FCS football (Northeast Conference). Learn more about our athletics programs at GoDuquesne.com.