| This position falls under the direct supervision of the Community Relations Director on the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University. The Graduate Intern will assist in overseeing the Tickets/Community Relations Department, supervise a staff of 12 student employees and work to boost attendance at ticketed athletic events through ticket sales. This position will require roughly 25 hours per week in the Athletic Ticket Office. A monthly stipend of $1,000 will be given ($12,000 per year), as well as the cost coverage of 9 credit hours per semester of Graduate School (Limit of 18 credits per calendar year). |
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with single game ticket sales for the following GVSU varsity sports: Football, Women’s Soccer, Volleyball, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Indoor Track & Field, Outdoor Track & Field, Swimming & Diving and Lacrosse.
• Assist with Season Ticket Renewal/Sales for Football, Men’s Basketball & Women’s Basketball
• Creation of all ticket offers within the ticketing software (Veritix)
• Updating and maintaining accurate records of all activities and sales in ticketing database (Veritix)
• Hiring, training and supervision of all ticket office student staff.
• Creation and management of student staff schedules (office hours & events)
• Leadership weekly meetings of the student staff including continuous customer service & communication training.
• Increase of Group Ticket Sales (National Anthem signers, school groups, Special Olympics, Youth teams etc.)
• Coordination of events on campus involving group ticket sales (ie: Scout Night)
• Required to act as Box Office Manager for most all home ticketed events.
• Management of will call and complementary tickets for all ticketed events.
• Promotion of ticket packages & faculty/staff discount both on and off campus.
• Management of logistics for football season ticket mailer.
• Renewal and support of existing season ticket holders. • Provide effective communication with general public through box office hours, phone, and digitally to provide the most up-to-date ticket information and address all inquiries.
• Development of new business through outbound calls and emails to past buyers and prospects.