| Job Summary: Entry-level position in intercollegiate athletics administration. |
This position is a two-year internship working full-time 35 hours per week and funded through the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority & Women's Internship Grant Program and Delaware Valley University.
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Advance the mission of the department of athletics to provide an environment that supports the academic and personal achievement of student-athletes
- Serve as an educator and mentor who promotes athletic achievement, personal growth and development of skills for life through the experiential learning of athletics
- Work cooperatively within the athletic department, the student affairs division, and across the entire DelVal community to realize goals in support of student success and university goals and mission
- Provides assistant to the Director of Athletics and other athletic administrators in the area of strategic planning; budget management; fundraising; campus and NCAA compliance; sport oversight; student-athlete welfare issues and initiative; academics; diversity and inclusion initiatives; and staff oversight/management
- Provides event management coverage of home athletic events as assigned
- Conducts training sessions with student workers for various job responsibilities, including game-day event management
- Coordinates Public Safety coverage for home athletic events as assigned
- Performs administrative tasks and completes requests for information as assigned
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Division by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with university events including but not limited to: admission and recruitment events; student welcome and orientation; alumni/advancement
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions and Frequently Used Tools:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Traditional and non-traditional hours
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Intermittently sitting, standing, stooping
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Occasional lifting 25 lbs. 50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting 25 lbs. or more
- Office, library, computer room
- Stockroom or warehouse
- High noise environment
- High dust, dirt, grease environment
- Alternative Work Schedule
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Exposure to chemicals
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds
- Strong managerial, administrative, organizational, and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated collegiality with colleagues within and beyond athletics
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations and related compliance issues. Must pass annual NCAA rules test.
- Demonstration of leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming of the athletics profession
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents
- Ability to work on multiple projects under time constraints
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement
- Basic computer competency required
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekend
Delaware Valley University reserves the right to revise, change or modify job responsibilities and position qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to a diverse workforce.