The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Men's Cross Country and Track Coach position within the Athletics Department.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to: recruitment, skill development of student athletes and practice/training planning. Specific emphasis on establishing conditioning programs for men's cross country and distance track athletes in addition daily administrative duties as assigned by head coach. Position will act as primary back-up for head coach in his/her absence.
- Recruitment of student-athletes, including travel, managing recruit lists, contact data collection/storage, create contact touch points and timelines, schedule and host on-campus visits, attend recruiting events
- Teaching individual skill development and technique
- Organize, administer and demonstrate aspects of team training sessions
- Assist in practice and race/meet strategy
- Daily administrative duties for all aspects of the program
- Maintain and monitor men's cross country social media
- Other duties as assigned by head coach
This is a part-time, contract position that is not eligible for the full St. Thomas beneifts package. The contract is expected to run from August 28, 2017 to May 31, 2018.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant sport experience. Experience competing and/or coaching and recruiting at the collegiate level.
Preferred qualifications: Master's degree and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Additional qualifications: Must have the skills to communicate and motivate college student-athletes. Must be able to perform coaching related duties.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer