Note to Applicants: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required for the qualifications listed below. The proficiency levels required for this position are working and extensive. For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and additional references may be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic arts, design or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates experience (typically six months-one year) and extensive knowledge of and ability to creatively shoot and edit in an intercollegiate athletics setting, including:
- produce and manage a multiple camera live streaming production crew for an athletic event;
- produce and edit videos, both in studio and on location, utilizing the Avid Media Composer editing system (or equivalent-please specify software used), and Adobe Photoshop
- utilize content management programs such as Sidearm or SnappyTV (or equivalent) to deliver videos to social media platforms
- work collaboratively with other external relations staff (e.g. marketing, athletic communications, graphics) on group projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of constituents, both internal and external to the university setting, e.g. central campus, media personnel, patrons and vendors.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards.
- Must be able to move and load 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates experience and a working knowledge of video production utilizing professional-grade cameras and editing equipment, including a basic understanding of video routing systems and broadcast studio production.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate and stream multiple live events simultaneously.
- Demonstrates a minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- utilize Adobe Media Encoder and After Effects, Wirecast (or equivalent), and New Tek Tri-caster (or equivalent);
- troubleshoot basic IT and live video streaming issues;
- instruct others in basic shooting and editing techniques.
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #71083. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted. Web links to your previous production work are required to be included in your application materials. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings.
Go to “Why Iowa?” to learn more.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associated preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.