| PURDUE UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST POSITION VACANCY NOTICE |
DATE: May 12, 2017
JOB TITLE: Part time Head Cheerleading Coach
DEPARTMENT: Intercollegiate Athletics
Note: This position is part time (~25 hours/week August through May). Benefits do not apply.
About Purdue Northwest
Part of the internationally respected Purdue University system, Purdue University Northwest offers world-class educational opportunities at an excellent value on two culturally diverse, student centered campuses, located in Northwest Indiana. Purdue Northwest is the fifth largest public university in Indiana, with approximately 15,000 students, offering more than 70 degree programs at the baccalaureate, masters and doctoral levels. Purdue Northwest Athletics consists of 300 student athletes and 13 sports and is a member of the Chicago Collegiate Athletic Conference. Intercollegiate athletic teams are fielded in men’s and women basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s tennis, women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s golf, softball and baseball. In January 2016, Purdue Northwest was invited to join the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, pending acceptance by NCAA Division II. Purdue Northwest has recently developed new basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, baseball, and tennis facilities. For more information on the Purdue University Northwest athletics program please go to pnwathletics.com
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing, Media Relations, and Sports Information. The Head coach will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Cheer program and is expected to identify, evaluate, and recruit students that can be successful in an NAIA / NCAA environment. The head coach will also exemplify a strong commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes by monitoring and actively encouraging players to succeed in the classroom. This is a part-time position.
• Manage and lead the Cheer Program; identify and recruit academically and athletically talented students for the program; coach/teach students and oversee day-to-day program responsibilities and maintain a competitive and successful program.
• Provide a positive experience to the student; responsible for the technical content in relation to cheer program and organize tryout process.
• Comply with NAIA / NCAA rules and regulations and support NAIA Champions of Character mission and represent the University on and off the campus in a positive fashion.
• Encourage collaboration among all areas including academics, student affairs, and athletics.
• Work with mascot performer and incorporate in routines; maintain relationship with university dance team to collaborate on game day atmosphere.
• Create positive relationship with the community through initiatives such as the Hammond Holiday Parade; Kids Day; and other activities as assigned.