The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, has an opening for a Head Women’s Tennis Coach. This position has the primary responsibility of directing and coaching a nationally competitive program in the NCAA and the Big Ten Conference. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Selection, supervision, and coaching of the team toward athletic excellence and a positive quality experience.
- Recommendation, supervision, and evaluation of Women’s Tennis coaching staff.
- Organization and implementation of assessment, identification, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes; demonstrate commitment to recruitment of students of color.
- Development and execution of plans for the season, including competitive schedules, practice schedules, and training and conditioning programs.
- Planning, organizing, and conducting of practices.
- Overseeing and monitoring of student-athletes academic effort and performance; effectively manage team dynamics.
- Preparation of budget recommendations and management of budget.
- Assistance in the preparation of travel arrangements, equipment orders, and awards for tennis in conjunction with other department personnel.
- Assistance with special events and tournaments; planning and conducting of clinics, seminars, and outreach to public service.
- Assist in advancing the department's mission, vision, and strategic plan including its commitment to equity and diversity.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective relationships within the athletics department, the University, community, booster club, alumni, high school coaches, media, and the general public.
- Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of the Department, the University, the Big Ten Conference, and the NCAA.