| The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach reports to the Head Women’s Soccer Coach and assists in all aspects related to the Women’s Soccer program. |
- Assists the head coach in coaching and training the Women’s Soccer team throughout the year as deemed necessary and appropriate by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach in managing the health of team culture.
- Supervises team manager during home and away events.
- Assists with video editing system for team analysis and scouting.
- Manages Team Polar heart rate monitor system.
- Works with appropriate Northwestern University Department of Athletics and Recreation (NUDAR) staff in preparing for all home games, including securing ball shaggers.
- Cooperates with the Athletic Communications department and Marketing department in publicizing and marketing Northwestern Soccer; work with the N Club to promote Northwestern Soccer. Organize clinics with local youth teams/clubs to help build relationships and attendance at games.
- Coordinates filming of games and film exchanges with opponents.
- Responsible for all compliance-related administration.
- Develops and maintain all academic and statistical performance records for individual student-athletes and the team.
- Supervises and inventory all soccer equipment.
- Distributes meal money to student-athletes on year round basis when necessary.
- Coordinates pre-season housing for incoming freshmen and returning student athletes that need it.
- Coordinates information for incoming freshmen regarding housing, application process, NLI press release.
- Maintains ledger on budget expenditures.
- Manages social media for the team.
- Coordinates community service events for the team.
- Involvement in all recruiting duties as assigned. These duties include but are not limited to; identify and correspond with qualified prospective student-athletes, organize recruiting calendar events, track the status of recruited prospects, maintain recruiting database (Front Rush), schedule on-campus visits and create itineraries, conduct campus tours, establish and maintain all files on prospective student-athletes.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate regularly with club and high school coaches.
- Responsible for adhering to all Department and University policies and procedures, as well as the rules, regulations, bylaws and interpretations of the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.