Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director, NAIA Athletics
Positions Supervised: Assistant Coach
The Head Coach is responsible for all team activities of the designated team sport. This position is also responsible for recruitment for the team to ensure that all team athletes are certified to participate, according to all institutional guidelines. Other duties include planning and organizing all team activities, such as practices, team workouts, and other events.
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior coaching experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Discretion, along with solid and sound judgment are essential.
- This position requires strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students, and staff.
- Requires creativity and initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer.
How to Apply: Please submit an online application, resume/cv, and cover letter through Lindenwood University's career opportunities website.
Lindenwood University is an equal opportunity employer.