| This position is responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining a successful women’s basketball program for the institution reporting directly to the Head Women’s Basketball coach. Minot State University is a NCAA Division II intercollegiate women’s basketball program in compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and institutional rules and regulations. |
A. Responsible for assisting in leadership of the women’s basketball program.
1. Assist in development of a competitive women’s basketball program that will represent the institution and community in a positive manner.
2. Work with Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student Life to ensure all players meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary forms on a timely basis.
3. Assist in development of practice and competition schedule.
4. Assist in conducting productive and meaningful practice sessions.
5. Assist in making travel arrangements for team and recruiting.
6. Conduct fundraising activities to supplement program budget.
7. Conduct and direct instructional camps for area youth.
8. Work with Assistant Director of Athletic for Communication and Media Relations on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via press releases, media guides, game programs and web site.
9. Assist in development of recruitment plan and actively recruit student athletes.
10. Assist in development of and actively participate in a plan to enhance public relations for the basketball program.
11. Track academic progress of student-athletes within the program
12. Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of all players and staff members within the program
13. Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills of the game.
14. Follow all NCAA, conference and institutional policies.
15. Actively participate in campus committees and forums.
16. Support the philosophy and mission of the department and institution.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned.