| Appalachian State University a Division I member of the Sun Belt Conference is seeking a candidate for the position of Head Men’s Golf Coach. The successful candidate must be a dynamic leader with integrity, vision, and a commitment to the athletics department core values of Academic Integrity, Social Responsibility, Competitive Excellence, and World-Class experience. |
Duties and Responsibilities: To develop and manage all facets of a NCAA Division I men’s golf program including but not limited to:
• Academic success
• Recruitment and retention of student-athletes
• Skill development, instruction, and strategies to achieve competitive success
• Budget and resource management
• Scheduling of all competition and training
• Alumni/Community engagement
• Compliance with the principles and by-laws of the NCAA, Appalachian State University, and The Sun Belt Conference
• Commitment to student-athletes welfare and personal development
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Must possess excellent oral, and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated successful collegiate coaching or PGA experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three references as part of your application to: http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/15089. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation. Appalachian Athletics promotes an inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and equitable career opportunities for coaches, administrators and support staff from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Individuals with disabilities may request accommodations in the application process by contacting Troy Heustess at 828-262-7768.
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University's receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.