| The College of New Jersey (TCNJ), a member of the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC), invites applications for the position of Sports Information Specialist that will report to the Director of Athletic Communications. This is a twelve-month position residing in the Department of Athletics, Division of Student Affairs. |
The Sports Information Specialist will assist in covering and promoting the 20 varsity sports for a competitive NCAA DIII program. The position will include writing press releases, website maintenance, scoring games live, web streaming, video and photography projects, and statistical archiving. The position will also include administrative responsibilities in addition to other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Communications.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree.
- One year of professional experience in an institution of higher education or in education, higher education or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position to be filled or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
The College offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and prescription plans, as well as pension, paid leave time and tuition savings programs. This position has the state title of Professional Services Specialist 4. It is included for membership in the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) bargaining unit. The starting salary for this position is U18, step 1, $44,489.93. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of professional experience in an institution of higher education or in education, higher education or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position to be filled or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
- Knowledge and experience using of stat crew statistical software
- Experience in Adobe Suite Packer (Photoshop, premier video editing, adobe illustrator)
- Knowledge of rules and scoring rules of TCNJ's 20 varsity sports
- Strong writing and editing skills
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and a list of 3 professional references. The review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and receipt of official transcripts of highest degree earned.
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools - The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering - offer degrees to nearly 6,800 students. The College's distinguished faculty of 348 full-time members provides a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, and eighty-five percent of classes have enrollments of 30 or fewer. TCNJ's picturesque campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, approximately five miles from New Jersey's state capital of Trenton, and 60 minutes from both Philadelphia and New York City. A 95 percent freshman to sophomore retention rate and a six-year graduation rate of 86 percent speak to the quality of the TCNJ experience.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.