- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and SungardHE Banner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to demonstrate effective athletic personnel and programmatic administration, leadership and supervisory skills and strategies.
- Ability to relate to student athletes, coaches, administrators, faculty and parents.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to NCAA Rules, APSU Academic Standards and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to meet the needs of student athletes experiencing adjustment or academic difficulties.
- Ability to monitor continuing eligibility and satisfactory progress of student-athletes each semester/term using APR, NCAA and University guidelines.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience in athletic academic advising on the intercollegiate level.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
- An official transcript and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required for the successful applicant.
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies, should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nondiscrimination@apsu.edu