Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthen all sports to be competitive at the championship level. Recruit, mentor, support and supervise a diverse pool of strong, ethical and talented coaches to foster success.
- Strongly support and assure compliance with any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Advance student well-being and academic success. Ensure the Department’s commitment to maximize the educational potential of all student athletes.
- Develop and oversee a fundraising plan for Athletics to achieve annual goals.
- Organize and supervise the entire Athletics’ staff and delegate specific responsibilities to ensure the efficient and productive operation of all administrative and operational business functions of the department.
- Provide strategic leadership toward goals related to competitiveness, student academic achievement, student-athlete experience, compliance, financial management and event attendance that reflect the mission and values of Eastern as a whole.
- Be a visible university leader on campus and in the community and represent the University and Athletic Department to external constituents in a manner that demonstrates personal and professional integrity and promotes Eastern interests.
- Represent the University in an exemplary fashion to alumni, friends, prospective students, and the general public, as well as play an active role in the community of Washtenaw County and SE Michigan.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a plan to increase revenue, attendance and generate overall enthusiasm and excitement for EMU Athletics across campus and in the community.
- Encourage diversity and inclusion within the Athletic Department with regard to students, staff, administrators and coaches.
- Collaborate with other departments on campus on various projects and work to improve relationships between Athletics and other departments on campus.
- Participate in planning, communication and collaboration with the President and the University’s Executive Council to ensure alignment between the goals of the Athletic Department with the University’s mission and goals.
- Perform related departmental duties as required.
- Report to the President and serve on the President’s Executive Council.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Excellent administrative and financial skills and a minimum of ten years of progressive experience leading a successful, multifaceted enterprise, preferably in intercollegiate athletics or related field.
- A record of achievement in NCAA Division I athletics administration is recommended but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA and MAC regulations, requirements and reporting systems is necessary.
- Demonstrated brand marketing, public relations and media experience.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated record of being a leader and spokesperson for a large organization internally and externally, and ability to articulate a clear vision for the program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business acumen and creativity required to generate revenue and allocate and manage resources effectively to achieve results.
Eastern Michigan University invites letters of nomination, applications, or expressions of interest for the position of Vice President and Director, Intercollegiate Athletics to be submitted directly to the firm assisting the University. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted at Parker Executive Search’s website by May 25, 2017. For additional information please contact:
Daniel Parker, Vice President and Managing Director
Jaleesa Rhoden, Associate: email@example.com
Hayden Garrett, Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker Executive Search
Eastern Michigan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator that is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and applicants with disabilities, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups. Eastern Michigan University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and will conduct a competitive recruitment for positions to identify and attract a diverse and qualified candidate pool.