| The Coordinator for Diversity, Inclusion and Student-Athlete Success position is a two-year appointment. This position, which is funded through the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority and Women’s Internship Grant Program, will serve in a leadership position to assist in the development of programming to promote success and retention of student-athletes, with a particular focus on underrepresented groups. |
The successful candidate will also foster greater integration between athletics and other on campus departments for issues related to diversity and inclusion. This appointment will work August 1 to May 31 each year. Salary: $23,660/year with benefits, and an annual $3,000 professional development stipend.
• Develop and coordinate student-athlete development programs and initiatives, which will emphasize academic excellence, foster an inclusive and respectful culture, leadership development and the overall student-athlete well-being.
• Develop and coordinate programs that support University and Department diversity and inclusion initiatives and other transformational culture building services. May include diversity dialogues, action learning experiences, student-athlete and staff events and activities, diversity round tables, mentoring programs, cultural interventions and coaching services.
• Benchmark best practice programs related to diversity, culture, and inclusion.
• Serve as a co-advisor with the Assistant Athletics Director to the UWRF Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
• Serve as a liaison with departments both on-campus and external agencies, as it relates to academics and/or personal issues that directly impact student-athlete welfare & development.
• Refer student-athletes in need to the appropriate department/agencies to ensure that proper support is given. In conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director, identify and monitor at-risk student-athletes, while facilitating and/or coordinating the appropriate academic support needs.
• Serve as an integral part of the athletic administration team and contribute to the department’s continued endeavors of increasing athletic integration across campus, while providing a supportive academic experience.
• Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive NCAA compliance program with the Assistant Athletics Director with special attention given to NCAA and WIAC eligibility standards for student-athletes.
• Assist student-athletes transition into the college environment, while ensuring student-athlete development needs are addressed and met throughout their career at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
• Perform other duties as assigned related to the operation of the Falcon Athletics program.
Interested applicants can apply at jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/3221.