All applicants must provide the following:
- Letter of application outlining how qualifications and experience will enable the candidate to carry out the essential functions of the position and advance the Mission of Wheeling Jesuit University
- A current resume
- Copy of acceptance letter into a WJU Master’s Program
- A list of references to include three (3) personal references and contacts at all prior places of employment listed on the resume
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK PROVIDED HERE:
Note: During the application process, when prompted to upload a "resume" please include all application materials (letter, resume, references, and acceptance letter) in one file.
GA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
Info about Wheeling Jesuit University & Wheeling, WV
CLOSING DATE: May 26, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to the head coach with tactical play and analysis, individual technical advice, game knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be enrolled and remain in a Master's Degree program at Wheeling Jesuit University for the extent of the Graduate Assistantship.
- High-level playing experience and exposure to professional coaching preferred
- Must have working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), internet applications, and email. May be required to use Front Rush to assist with recruiting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass NCAA Compliance Exam.
- Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) strongly recommended.
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic, Jesuit, university.
- Independently assist in player development both on an individual and team basis.
- Responsible to inform player(s) of his/her responsibilities, duties, roles, etc.
- Serve as assistant in recruiting student athletes.
- Schedule role specific targets by assessing individual players.
- Coordinate and participate in specific practice training and fitness sessions relative to the sport.
- Supervise and assist in weekly mandatory study halls.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned by the Head Coach or his/her designee.
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMENWHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”