Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required for the qualifications listed below (working and extensive). For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and at a later step in the recruitment process, additional references may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required
- NCAA Division I collegiate playing experience and/or collegiate coaching experience
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to:
- Effectively teach technical and tactical strategies in basketball
- Effectively communicate with and successfully recruit national caliber student-athletes;
- Work constructively and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Utilize basic office productivity software (such as Microsoft Office), online database systems, and digital video software for scouting and analysis.
- A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards
- A minimum of three years women’s basketball coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Utilize video analysis systems and effectively implement new technologies to the training environment;
- Manage and utilize social media websites
- Demonstrates extensive proficiency and ability to:
- Utilize an online recruiting database, such as ACS (please specify)
- Maintain productive, long-term relationships with staff, students, prospect’s coaches, and patrons.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated through public speaking engagements, clinician experience, and use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques.
Terms of Employment: This is a 100% time, regular position with full University of Iowa benefits. Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70970. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.