The Athletic Department at Lewis University seeks qualified individuals to fill the Head Coach for Women's Basketball position. The Head Coach will conduct a successful NCAA Division II Basketball Program within the rules, regulations and guidelines established by the NCAA, the University, and the Great Lakes Valley Conference.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. We sponsor 18 intercollegiate varsity sports and compete in the Great Lakes Valley Conference and Midwest Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (men's volleyball). At Lewis University, Students, faculty and staff from all walks of life come together to challenge and support each other.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct on and off campus student athlete recruitment/scouting
- Initiate contact with prospective student athletes at the high school and Jr. college level
- Plan activities and drills for each practice session
- Plan all travel, eating and hotel arrangements for away events
- Instruct athletes in ways to strengthen their basketball playing/teamwork skills
- Develop structured conditioning programs for the athletes to increase agility, mental prowess, strength and endurance
- Schedule all basketball games and tournaments including planning travel and hotel arrangements
- Control and oversee budget and authorize budgetary expenses for equipment and supplies
- Work with academic advisors and tutors to keep players in good academic standing
- Work with the Sports Information Director to promote the program
- Attend and participate in professional basketball clinics and coaching conferences
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years successful basketball coaching experience at the high school, Jr College or collegiate level. Must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division II Basketball Rules and Regulations and possess adequate vision in order to critically analyze athlete weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations for improvement. The candidate must also be able to work with flexible schedules involving evening, weekend and holiday games and/or tournaments.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position, please visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2097
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.