Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and coaching of student-athletes
- Monitoring student-athletes academic achievement
- Managing budget;
- Coordinating travel arrangements for team competition
- Directing soccer camps
- Program planning and forecasting
- Teaching HPE courses as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of soccer coaching experience required with college coaching experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Lone Star Athletic Conference
- Must be able to obtain a New Mexico driver’s license to drive University vehicles. Successful applicant will be encouraged to seek CDL passenger bus license endorsement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division II by-laws, rules and regulations.
- Proven leadership in the successful fulfillment of soccer coaching responsibilities including; soccer strategies; coaching skills; recruiting; individual and team camp operations; fiscal management; fund-raising; organizational/administrative leadership; public relations.
- Candidate must be able to work as a team member, be self-directed, and be willing to serve as good will ambassador for ENMU Athletics.
- Successful applicant must be of good moral character with conduct
- consistent with the University and state code of conduct.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed during regular work hours, but will require frequent evening and weekend hours and frequent traveling. Work performed both inside a non-smoking facility and outside with extremes of cold and hot temperature changes, wet and humid conditions. May have exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Work is medium in nature with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and up to 50 pounds frequently lifted and carried. Requires climbing and/or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling, talking or hearing, and seeing.
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2115. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu