| Administer and coordinate academic support services for student-athletes; supervise academic study sessions and tutorial appointments; monitor academic performance of student–athletes; develop reports on student-athlete academic status and progress; communicate student status and performance to the Director, Coaches and Administration. |
1. Develop, implement and supervise academic support services through direct contact with student-athletes. (40%)
2. Monitor academic performance, student compliance with academic requirements, progress toward degree, student academic priority, and transition issues for student-athletes. (15%)
3. Day, evening and weekend work required for contact with students and for supervision of student- athlete study, tutorial, and/or mentor sessions. (15%)
4. Coordinate and implement individualized academic plans for designated student- athletes, including tutoring and study schedules. Monitor student compliance and progress with plans. (10%)
5. Develop academic status progress reports for the Director, Coaches, and Administrators. (5%)
6. Counsel students on academic standing and course selections in conjunction with their Academic Advisors of their School or College; Assist students with decision-making for academic majors and programs; provide career education where applicable. Promote student appointment with Academic Advisors in their Schools and Colleges. (5%)
7. Conduct recruiting sessions with prospective student-athletes and their families during on campus official visits. (2.5%)
8. Maintain student academic records and files; track academic eligibility of students. (2.5%)
9. Maintain regular communication with faculty and staff of the Schools and Colleges regarding individual student academic progress, including non-academic issues. Develop appropriate intervention to address productivity and/or deficiencies. (5%)
Supervise evening temporary staff; assist in supervision of tutorial sessions
Up to 5% of the position. Travel is with assigned teams for away competitions relative to academic responsibilities, including conducting study sessions, proctoring exams, and providing academic counseling contact. Travel may also include professional development opportunities.
1. Fulfill designated program-wide responsibilities as assigned.
2. Act as liaison to University Departments and Student Affairs concerning student’s academic, personal, or financial issues.
3. Refer students to appropriate university services on matters of financial aid, psychological counseling, housing, and student’s affairs.
4. Possess a working knowledge of University academic rules and academic policies. Understand and apply NCAA and Big Ten Conference eligibility and progress towards degree requirements to academic counseling with student-athletes.
Collaborate with Academic Advisors of the Schools and Colleges regarding student-athlete progress and academic course schedules.