Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes but are not limited to):
- Using the College’s mission and strategic plan as a guideline to develop an athletic department vision and direct implementation and evaluation of that plan in a manner that will represent the College and its athletic program in a positive manner.
- Ensure effective hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of a highly skilled and diverse athletic staff.
- Prepare and administer the athletics department budget, provide fiscal oversight for the athletic department and related activities, including scholarship strategies and management of restricted funds.
- Ensure an environment that promotes student-athlete safety and the overall student-athletic college experience.
- Work with staff to monitor progress and eligibility of all student athletes.
- Work collaboratively with the Provost and faculty to align athletics with the academic mission of the College.
- Cultivate positive relationships with student-athletes and their families.
- Serve as a positive role model and display active commitment to good sportsmanship for athletes, coaches and fans.
- Serve as an advocate and ensure the safety and welfare of all student-athletes.
- Develop a positive relationship with and play an active role in Conference, college and community events and programs.
- Foster a strong relationship with the Town of Clinton and promote the use of facilities as a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Work collaboratively with Student Life staff with respect to student-athlete needs and any issues related to student behavior.
- Work directly with the Title IX Coordinator to ensure student-athletes, coaches and staff are properly trained and education on Title IX issues.
- Ensure institutional compliance with all NCAA and Conference regulations, procedures and reports. Comply with all College policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws, regulations and requirements. Maintain compliance with financial aid parameters set forth by the College and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with VP of Advancement, Scotsman Club and advancement staff in fundraising and fundraising events.
- Work with Director of Marketing to ensure appropriate and accurate branding information is being disseminated.
- Ensure the highest ethical, moral, and spiritual standards for all aspects of the College’s athletic programs.
Qualifications (includes but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred along with increasing responsibility at a senior level in athletic administration in higher education, or substantial related experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic planning.
- Experience in identifying and hiring coaching talent.
- Experienced manager of people and budgets.
- Ability to cultivate alumni and booster participation.
- Proven fund raising experience to support the athletic programs.
- Firm commitment to a student-centered culture and the academic success of student-athletes are essential.
- Knowledge and application of all NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules & regulations, the NCAA Clearinghouses for Initial & Amateurism Eligibility, Presbyterian College’s academic programs & financial aid processes.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
Presbyterian College invites nominations and applications or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the College. Applications must include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and list of references. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted by May 5, 2017 online at Parker Executive Search’s website. Review of applications and nominations will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
For additional information please contact:
Daniel Parker, Vice President and Managing Director
Jaleesa Rhoden, Associate
Grant Higgison, Associate
Parker Executive Search
770-804-1996, ext. 118
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.