| The Francis Marion University Sports Information Office is seeking an intern for the Department of Athletics beginning July 17, 2017. The 10-month position (July 17, 2017 - May 18, 2018) is renewable after a year. Weekend and night work will be required. The position will be based on a specific hour and wage structure. |
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Communication Services with the promotion and publicity of all 14 NCAA sports
- Write and edit press releases and game stories
- Produce athletic publications such as game programs and (online) media guides
- Assist with the updating of the athletics website, fmupatriots.com
- Manage video content for the website
- Handle play-by-play call for webcasts of some sports
- Compile and distribute statistics
- Maintain Francis Marion athletics social media sites
- Operate computer programs, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Pagemaker, and Stat Crew System software
FM Requirements: Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. A working knowledge of public relations and college sports is also expected.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a collegiate sports information office and website management (PrestoSports). A working knowledge of various Stat Crew Systems software and familiarity with digital photography, video editing software, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Pagemaker is also desired.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 17-50); 2) FM Application; 3) resume; 4) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; 5) publication/writing samples; and 6) copies of transcripts for any collegiate coursework (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To obtain the FM Application, please visit http://www.fmarion.edu/about/positions.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution