| The University of Pikeville is seeking an Assistant Archery Coach to provide assistance to the Head Archery Coach and support all aspects of the archery program at the University of Pikeville. |
Under the supervision of the Head Archery Coach, the Assistant Archery Coach position will entail the following:
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and conducting practice.
- Assist in skill development and conditioning.
- Monitor academic performance of student athletes.
- Assist with strategy during games.
- Assist with budget, supplies, equipment and inventory.
- Assist with fundraising efforts.
- Arrange travel, accommodations, and team meals.
- Assist with the scheduling of team community service events.
- Emphasize integrity and educational welfare of student athletes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b) retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, & dependent care accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Collegiate or high school archery coaching experience preferred.
- Instructor certification preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have experience working with office equipment, e.g. computer, printer, fax machine, projectors, video camera.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with conducting research on the Web, as well as creating travel arrangements online.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5216.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.